For courses in introductory personal finance.
A blueprint for securing your financial future
Personal Finance: Turning Money into Wealth empowers students to successfully make and carry out a plan for their financial future. By introducing the 10 fundamental principles of personal finance in a way that leaves a lasting impression, this text offers students lifelong tools that will help them effectively cope with an ever-changing financial environment. The 8th Edition reflects recent changes in the world of personal finance, including new tax laws, the economic downturn, weakness in the labor markets, the explosion of student loans, and the rise of credit card debt.
PART I: FINANCIAL PLANNING
1. The Financial Planning Process
2. Measuring Your Financial Health and Making a Plan
3. Understanding and Appreciating the Time Value of Money
4. Tax Planning and Strategies
PART II: MANAGING YOUR MONEY
5. Cash or Liquid Asset Management
6. Using Credit Cards: The Role of Open Credit
7. Student and Consumer Loans: The Role of Planned Borrowing
8. The Home and Automobile Decision
PART III: PROTECTING YOURSELF WITH INSURANCE
9. Life and Health Insurance
10. Property and Liability Insurance
PART IV: MANAGING YOUR INVESTMENTS
11. Investment Basics
12. Investing in Stocks
13. Investing in Bonds and Other Alternatives
14. Mutual Funds: An Easy Way to Diversify
PART V: LIFE CYCLE ISSUES
15. Retirement Planning
16. Estate Planning: Saving Your Heirs Money and Headaches
17. Financial Life Events—Fitting the Pieces Together
Appendix A: Compound Sum of $1
Appendix B: Present Value of $1
Appendix C: Compound Sum of an Annuity of $1 for n Periods
Appendix D: Present Value of an Annuity of $1 for n Periods
Appendix E: Monthly Installment Loan Tables
Published by Pearson (February 15th 2018)
Book in PDF format.
Instant download after payment.