Performance Management and Appraisal – HR
is a lecture which is covered during Human Resource Management Module.
The purpose of this Lecture is to show you how to appraise employee’s performance. The main topics we cover include the basics of performance appraisal, tools for appraising performance, dealing with rater error appraisal problems, the appraisal interview, employee engagement guide for managers, and performance management.
TRW supplies automotive steering, braking, and safety and electronic equipment to customers worldwide. Several years ago, TRW was deeply in debt. With over 100,000 employees on five continents, TRW management knew it had to base its new strategy on improving competitiveness and performance. At the time, most of the firm’s far-flung departments used their own paper-based performance appraisal systems. Top management decided it needed a new company-wide performance management system to help bring what TRW’s employees were doing into synch with the firm’s new strategic goals. We will see what they did.
- Describe the performance appraisal process.
- Define the pros and cons of at least eight performance appraisal methods.
- Give examples of potential appraisal problems and how to deal with them.
- List steps to take in the appraisal interview.
- Explain key points in how to use the appraisal interview to boost employee engagement.
- Explain how you would take a performance management approach to appraisal.
In this file you will find:
- 1 Performance Management and Appraisal Lecture Power Point Presentation
- 1 Guide file how to conduct Lecture
- 1 Test Bank with 110 different questions with full answer description and explanation
- 3 Case Studies with all answers to them
- 10 Interesting Discussion Questions and answers to them
- 1 Interesting Exercise
- 1 additional reading file about the lecture topic in order to enhance Lecturer/Teacher/Student knowledge
Once you will purchase this resource please leave a comment!