For business managers and CIOs, managing identity data of employees, contractors, business partners, and customers has become an important core capability. This practical guide discusses the impacts of identity management on organizations from a businessperson’s perspective.
For business managers and chief information officers (CIOs), the ability to manage identity data of employees, contractors, business partners, and customers has become a critical core capability. Today’s managers and CIOs must understand all facets of identity management and how to leverage identity data for access control. If you are a business leader charged with fitting identity into your IT security and business strategy, Identity Management: A Business Perspective is the guide you need now.
This book discusses the impacts of identity management on organizations from a business person’s perspective. It distills complex concepts into their essential elements and recommends how to move forward in using identity data to improve the business. Identity Management: A Business Perspective removes the excuses CIOs have had for not understanding the intricacies of identity and access management.
This book will help managers and CIOs understand:
• Automating identity provisioning into your access control systems
• How to evaluate the maturity of your identity management environment
• The difference between authentication and authorization
• Why federated authentication is so important and how to get it right
• How roles and attributes are used to determine access control
• The level of digital transformation that’s coming in the management of consumer identities.
• What we need to plan for in operational technology and the Internet of Things.