Employee Testing and Selection – HR
is a lecture which is covered during Human Resource Management Module.
The purpose of this Lecture is to explain how to use various tools to select the best candidate for the job. The main topics we’ll cover include the selection process, basic testing techniques, backgound and reference checks, ethical and legal questions in testing, types of tests, and work samples and simulations.
Google job candidates used to have a dozen or more grueling interviews. But, with Google hiring thousands of people annually, this selection process proved too slow. Now Google uses just four to five interviews, but lets all its employees express opinions on each candidate by email, using what it calls “crowdsourcing.” The changes speed up hiring and bring Google’s hiring policies more in line with its fast-growth strategy.
- Answer the question: Why is it important to test and select employees?
- Explain what is meant by reliability and validity.
- List and briefly describe the basic categories of selection tests, with examples.
- Explain how to use two work simulations for selection.
- Describe four ways to improve an employer’s background checking process.
In this file you will find:
- 1 Employee Testing and Selection Lecture Power Point Presentation
- 1 Guide file how to conduct Lecture
- 1 Test Bank with 110 different questions with full answer description and explanation
- 3 Case Studies with all answers to them
- 10 Interesting Discussion Questions and answers to them
- 1 Interesting Exercise
- 1 additional reading file about the lecture topic in order to enhance Lecturer/Teacher/Student knowledge
All resources are compressed in Zip File.