Discrete Probability Distributions
is a lecture which is covered within the Statistic or Basic Business Statistic module by business and economics students.
This lecture introduces you to the concept and characteristics of probability distributions. Moreover, you will learn how the binomial, Poisson, and hypergeometric distributions can be applied to help solve business problems.
A probability distribution for a discrete variable is a mutually exclusive list of all the possible numerical outcomes along with the probability of occurrence of each outcome. For more information look at the agenda of the lesson.
In this lecture, you learn to:
- The properties of a probability distribution
- To compute the expected value and variance of a probability distribution
- To calculate the covariance and understand its use in finance
- To compute probabilities from binomial, hypergeometric, and Poisson distributions
- To use the binomial, hypergeometric, and Poisson distributions to solve business problems
In this file you will find:
- Discrete Probability Distributions Lecture Power Point Presentation
- Test Bank with 171 different related questions with full answer description and explanation
- 65 Exercises related to the topic with all answers to them
- Defining and Collecting Data Reading Resources file in order to enhance Lecturer/Teacher/Student knowledge
Once you will purchase this resource please leave a comment!
All resources are compressed in zip file.