Direct Investment and Collaborative Strategies
is a lecture which is covered during International Business Module for bachelor/master level students.
Although most companies operating internationally would prefer exporting to other market entry modes, there are circumstances in which exporting may not be feasible. In these cases, companies may engage in direct investment in other countries, or enter markets through various collaborative strategies such as joint ventures and alliances. Collaborative strategies allow firms to spread both assets and risk across countries by entering into contractual agreements with a variety of potential partners. This lecture first discusses reasons for not exporting and then explores the motives that drive firms to engage in non-collaborative and collaborative arrangements, as well as the various types of possible arrangements, including foreign direct investment, licensing, franchising, joint ventures, and equity alliances. It goes on to explore the various problems that may arise in FDI and collaborative ventures and concludes with a discussion of the various methods for managing these evolving arrangements.
Lecture Learning Objectives:
- Clarify why companies may need to use modes other than exporting to operate effectively in international business
- Comprehend why and how companies make foreign direct investments
- Understand the major motives that guide managers when choosing a collaborative arrangement for international business
- Define the major types of collaborative arrangements
- Describe what companies should consider when entering into arrangements with other companies
- Grasp why collaborative arrangements succeed or fail
- See how companies can manage diverse collaborative arrangements
- Appreciate how growth in project size and complexity will require future collaboration
In this file you will find:
- 1 Direct Investment and Collaborative Strategies Lecture Power Point Presentation
- 1 Guide file how to conduct Lecture
- 1 Test Bank with 100 different questions and full answer to them with the descriptions and explanations
- 5 Interesting Exercises for Seminar
- 9 Interesting Discussion Questions and answers to them
- 1 additional reading file about the lecture topic in order to enhance Lecturer/Teacher/Student knowledge
- 1 folder with useful pictures
Once you will purchase this resource please leave a comment!
All resources are compressed in Zip File.